Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Tevosyan
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Starting my ocean with 66 gallon Reef Tank

Posted 12/31/2012 at 06:42 AM by Tevosyan
Updated 01/03/2013 at 06:42 AM by Tevosyan

My name is Aksel I am from Republic of Armenia.
I decided to start this blog to share my feelings and to receive your comments and advise.
I started keeping marine fish 3 months earlier in order to have nice piece of "furniture" in my apartment, and I start with 20g small tank with several fish and live rock. But soon my marine world becomes a part of my life and it is gaining more and more importance for me, taking me to a quite another universe.
I didn't knew anything about keeping marine fish and more about keeping corals but during these moths I have read many things and now I am on the way to start 66g cube tank which will be reef tank.
So I already have my tank where is two types of sand one is CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink 9,07 kg and Preis Bora Bora Sand 8 kg.
Filtration/skimming: Tunze Reefpack 505 with osmolator
Waves: 2 x Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6055 with Tunze Wavevontroller 7096
There is no Light still but I have ordered one EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w G2 and hope I will have it soon.
There is few live rocks but soon I will put here live rocks about 20-25 kg.
Water parameters are:
Salinity: 1.026
Temperature: 25.5C = 77.900F
Ammonia: <0.01ppm
Nitrite: 0 mg/l
Nitrate: < 1 mg/l
Ph: 8.2
Kh: 11.5 dkh
I will wait for Your comments and advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2829.jpg
Views:	1569
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	75  
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7628 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments