View Single Post
Old 07/02/2020, 05:00 PM   #5
Sk8r
RC Mod
 
Sk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 34,250
Blog Entries: 55
Well, back from my appointment, and I got the rest of them run through. They're well-populated pieces of rubble, nice: I'm happy with what I've got. Turned out to have two discosomas and three ricordeas gone loose, so I got some little white ramekins (sauce bowls) from the kitchen, picked some nice rubble from my sump rubble pile, put them in the ramekins, with water to the rim, and recovered the strays, two discosomas, one green, one spotted, on one piece of branch, and the three bullseye ricordeas on a dish-shaped rock in another ramekin. I've left them on the shelf under the moderate lights, and hope they take hold so I can put dish and all into the sump tonight. If they won't attach, I have other tricks, (like a rubber band or laying a very light rock on them, but one of the discosomas looks to be unfolding, and the ricordeas are flat and not that far from attaching. So...they're in the open area of the sump, with no place to hide if more get loose, and I'm hoping they'll settle overnight. They've got the next 6 hours to bask and relax before lights-out.


__________________
Sk8r

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, chromis, royal gramma basslet, tailspot blenny, ocellaris clown, yellow watchman, chestnut turbo snails, bristleworms, couple of hermits.
Sk8r is offline   Reply With Quote