View Single Post
Old 07/04/2020, 07:35 PM   #1
Sk8r
RC Mod

Telling species apart when they're new...

...and still contracted by shipping...goes a lot nicer if you pay attention to the bag labels. Opened them in the sump area downstairs, but got the ricordia and the rhodactis confused. One is needing lower light than it has. And in a 36" deep tank that's not easy.

OTOH, my freshwater friend is doing her planted tank with some very nice footlong tweezers with broad tips used to positioning and planting plants. I'll borrow it to do a little repositioning and give the instrument a good wash and dry when I give it back. These tweezers won't do for a really heavy rock, but for moving branch coral, they have real promise, and give you a very useful extra long reach.

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, chromis, royal gramma basslet, tailspot blenny, ocellaris clown, yellow watchman, chestnut turbo snails, bristleworms, couple of hermits.
Sk8r is online now   Reply With Quote