View Single Post
Old 10/11/2020, 06:03 PM   #157
vlangel
Registered Member

I have run into an issue. Ever since adding the new fish my carpenter wrasse has gone into hiding. I was surprised by this because he is fat and healthy and none of the new fish have shown aggression. Perhaps I have pushed the boundaries of putting too many fish in a 56 gallon but I did not think the new fish who were more open water swimmers would interfere with the original residents.

The good news is I can see where the wrasse hides and I intensionally target that area with food that the wrasse likes. I can see that it is still eating. Should I just continue to feed extra heavy and target its hiding area with tasty treats until it feels more comfortable or should I be more proactive and intervene?

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, ...and God sawthat it was good. Genesis 1:20 - 21

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon high nutrient macro algae/coral reef that overflows into a basement 30 gallon seahorse macro algae fuge that overflows into a 20 gallon sump
vlangel is online now   Reply With Quote