View Single Post
Old 10/25/2020, 02:25 PM   #167
vlangel
Registered Member

Things are going pretty well with the high nutrient tank system. All 6 yellow tail damsels and the tomini tang are doing excellent, as are the original residents. There is a little cyano on the left front of the display where the sand bed is shallow. Other than that the display is looking good with healthy fish and healthy coral/macro algae.

The fuge also has a little cyano. The female molly has disappeared after she had transitioned to salt. The male still seems to be doing well. The carpenter wrasse is such a timid, easily intimidated fish. He is spooked by grass shrimp a third of his size and I am still worried that he is not eating as well as I wished. I could move him to the sump but he will not have near as much room and rock. I will continue to watch him and make a decision if I feel he is in peril of starving.
Some of the seagrass has died off but I can see that some seems to be growing which is exciting. I do have to manually remove cyano from some blades.

Even with these issues the tank system is doing well and I am happy with it.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, ...and God sawthat it was good. Genesis 1:20 - 21

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon high nutrient macro algae/coral reef that overflows into a basement 30 gallon seahorse macro algae fuge that overflows into a 20 gallon sump
vlangel is online now   Reply With Quote