View Single Post
Old 04/30/2014, 06:24 AM   #106
Piper27
I love bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post
Hi Bernie,

It's only 24 hours and so I will give it more time. I will say though that I like both better than needle wheel skimmers. You get a much dryer foam head if you want.

It would make sense though that the MTC skimmer is going to do a better job. They both have mazzei venturis but the MTC has two instead if one, it is 18" taller (more contact time), and it is recirculating.

The fairer fight will be the one venturi skimmer they are making for me. It will be 36" though instead of 30", but will be recirculating.
Ken

My life reef has recirculating mods with many options. Also a extra few bucks gets you the second mazzi. I don't see any need for the second mazzi in my case, it would be nice but my stack is stock full of bubbles as it is. I think if I was using a pump around 2000gph or around there, a second mazzi would be a big help.
Also nice that you don't have to worry about skimmer cups overflowing on you with life reef. And like stated before, there are add ons and customizations Jeff can do for you to match just about any skimmer. Customer service is big.

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote