View Single Post
Old 11/20/2020, 10:36 PM   #3991
Willy315
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdnavy View Post
I just set up a used 24" model. I have a couple of questions. My skimmer compartment has a constant depth of 9.5 inches. I am running the skimmer with a jebao dcp10000 Iím having trouble figuring out what power level to run the skimmer. How much power is too much? I am also having problems seeing the bubble line to know if Iím setup correctly. Manual says set it to sticker. Does that mean top of bubbles should be that height? I plumbed in a co2 scrubber, but I am worried an accidental overflow will suck water through my brs c02 scrubber. How do you avoid this issue? I know the lifereef is less likely to overflow, but it can still happen. I have also noticed a fair amount of moisture collects in the line from the cup to the skimmer. How do I prevent that? Unfortunately I canít mount my co2 scrubber so it sits higher than the skimmer, the cup outlet and scrubber are the same height.
9.5" might be a bit too deep, you may have trouble adjusting the water level.

I wouold try the pump at 100% and see how it does, it should be fine. Jeff the owner/builder of these skimmers uses a mag18 on a 24.

Moisture in the venturi line is normal, it helps keep the venturi clear of salt creep.

Sorry but I can't help you with your scrubber question.

Current Tank Info: 180 Planet Aquariums, 3x 250 watt Phoenix, Lifereef 24" skimmer. 60 Cube Anemone Tank, Hydra 26HD
Willy315 is offline   Reply With Quote