Reef Central Online Community
Premium Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 11/28/2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Brandon582
Registered Member

Anemone hasn't attached

I've had a long tentacle anemone in my 30 gallon tank for about 5 days now and he has not attached,, I can't even see it's foot. I know it's normal for them to move around and find a suitable spot but he has hasn't moved in the 5 days. I had him buried in the sand for two days and he still didn't attach or move so I'm not sure what's going on. All my water parameters look good and he is under t5 lighting

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (68.4 KB, 67 views)
Brandon582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2016, 03:57 PM   #2
Cancun
Registered Member

Thats a nice looking nem.....from what I can see of his foot it does not look damaged. You could try turning off your powerheads and placing the nem where are you wanting to him go (FYI the rarely atay where you first put them)....Hold the nem on that spot for 15 min or so...after you take your hand away...kind run your hand through the water above the nem to make a current...at this point he should attach. Nems can be tricky.....if this doesn't work let is know....I have a large Rose Bubble Tip...now 3 because it split twice.....and two Large Haddoni green/blue carpets. I have had the all for about 3 years now...and that is how I got each one to attach. Any questions let me know....

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2016, 05:20 PM   #3
D-Nak
Registered Member

How old is your tank?

Old 11/28/2016, 05:41 PM   #4
kuzko
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon582 View Post
I can't even see it's foot.

Well.... what you're seeing right there in that picture is it's foot... How does it's mouth look?

kuzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2016, 10:11 PM   #5
TauntingBeef
Registered Member

I had one never attached and died

Current Tank Info: 48"long 55 gallon 30 pounds of dead sand,40 pounds of reefsaver rock, 5 pounds of live fiji rock, 2 sun powerheads,20 long sump with a viaAqua 2600 pump
TauntingBeef is offline   Reply With Quote