Reef Central Online Community
Neptune Systems

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 02/22/2011, 12:00 PM   #1
stevercleeze
Registered Member

bulb replacement help?

Does anyone out there know how to change the bulbs on an odyssea light fixture? i have the twin 250w mh, 4pc fluorescents, w 6 led moonlights type. i know you have to take the side panel off to slide out the glass covers to change the pc's, but im wondering how much farther i need to go to change the halides. im excited because im replacing the stock bulbs with phoenix 14k's which arrived today and the new lumatek adjustable e-ballasts arrive tomorrow. i would love to have the bulbs in when the ballasts get here. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current Tank Info: 75 gal reef
stevercleeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Korrine
You could get a ticket!!

I do know that when you change out mh bulbs, don't touch the new bulb with your hands. I use a paper towel.

Getting new equipment is sooo fun! Like being a kid in a candy store, but we don't have to leave the house b/c the truck brings it to us!!!!!!!!!

Be kinder than necessary because every one you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Current Tank Info: 40 breeder - started 9/2011 - platinum perc and sanjay's black photon clownfishes; sps and lps, and soft corals; 250w MH, 20 long sump w Bubble Magus Nac 3.5 skimmer 12g nano cube -serpent star, mini carpet anemones, w 6 sexy shrimp, 150w MH, maxi je
Korrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Jabrams
Registered Member

I dont think you can really break anything, just be careful disassembling and remember where everything goes...

Old 02/22/2011, 01:43 PM   #4
stevercleeze
Registered Member

nevermind. all done. no prob. thanks

Current Tank Info: 75 gal reef
stevercleeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulb replacement, light fixtures, phoenix 14k