Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 09/12/2017, 08:21 PM   #1
Jayreef223
Registered Member

Stocking List

Hey guys, kinda new to the hobby so I was looking for some good opinions on my stocking list. Well the fish are already stocked so just really looking for suggestions on what I should do. I love all my fish but something tells me I have too many for my tank. I have a 60 gallon tank with an aqueon sump, filter socks, refugium, and eshopps psk 75 protein skimmer, also running carbon. But I think I have too many fish. The following is my stocking list:

1-blue hippo
1-yellow tang
1- exquisite wrasse
3-anthias(2female 1 male)
4-chromis
2-clownfish
1-royal gramma
1-firefish
1-sandsifting goby

I love all my fish and would hate to remove some but if it's for the overall good. I'm willing to make some arrangements.
Thanks

Jayreef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2017, 09:23 PM   #2
Sobos Reef
Registered Member

What are the dimensions of your tank? The 2 that stick out to me are the blue hippo and the 3 Anthias.. hippos require atleast a 6 foot tank IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sobos Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2017, 09:35 PM   #3
thegrun
Registered Member

There are a few fish that are not appropriate for your tank regardless of the dimensions:
blue hippo, yellow tang, exquisite wrasse and the anthias. Overall even 10 fish is a lot for a 60 gallon tank.

thegrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2017, 09:50 PM   #4
Jayreef223
Registered Member

My tank dimensions are 13X48x25....so what do you guys recommend I do with my stock list?

Old 09/12/2017, 10:27 PM   #5
thegrun
Registered Member

Jay, rereading my post I hope I didn't come off too strong. The 48" dimension helps, but I would try to trade the blue hippo tang for sure. You don't mention the Anthias species, some may work in your tank provided you can feed them lightly several times a day, other species will likely never work. The yellow tang may get very aggressive do to a lack of swimming space but is far more likely to survive than the Hippo. My advice would be to either sell a few of the fish or try to trade them for store credit, in the long run your success rate will be much better if you do.

thegrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2017, 11:18 PM   #6
Jayreef223
Registered Member

Thanks...I appreciate the feedback...I'm gonna try to trade a few fish and get a more appropriate stock list for my tank

Old 09/12/2017, 11:58 PM   #7
Kremis
Registered Member

looks good, but I would replace the blue hippo with a few wrasses or a dwarf angel. that tank is too small for one of those! good luck!

Kremis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
60 gallon tank, stock list, too many fish