Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 03/31/2017, 05:08 PM   #876
banthonyb71
Registered Member

Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
If staying in the canopy you are pretty limited to Steved LED or RapidLED. Both are direct fits and depending on the kit you get require no mods. IE the aurora puck kit from Rapid requires no cutting or anything.
I looked into rapid but only thing I seen was for the 29
Quote:
I have a thread in their forum and you can see in my older build thread the install process.
Would love to see that if you have a link

banthonyb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/03/2017, 03:44 PM   #877
acexotix
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
If staying in the canopy you are pretty limited to Steved LED or RapidLED. Both are direct fits and depending on the kit you get require no mods. IE the aurora puck kit from Rapid requires no cutting or anything. I have a thread in their forum and you can see in my older build thread the install process.

There are numerous ways but perhaps the easiest is to look at the overflow and if it has slots at the bottom as well as the top. If it is top only it is an oceanic. If at bottom and top it is coralife. Other differences as well but those are the easiest to see and tell others to look for.

Short answer no. Limewood airstone skimmers work but can be a pain to deal with and the constant need to swap out the airstones detracts from them. You got a 14 gallon so really shouldnt need a skimmer. If you want to run one look into the aquaticlife 115.

Its not too much but you will be dialed down significantly. mind you in my BC29 I had a gyre 130 running in it. Your lifestock selections will determine how much flow you really need.

I run a MP10 in my 29. I have it on reef crest with a max of 75% when the lights are on and things shrink up a bit when it's blasting. It keeps my rocks clean though and cycles through randomly and is controlled through my apex I run on mine. Hope that can give you some reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acexotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2017, 08:11 AM   #878
Jenyphur
Registered Member

Do any of you run some type of fan on your BioCube? I live in AZ and it's about to get hot...like REAL hot. I do try and keep my house around 78 but I'm a bit nervous for my tank. I really don't want to buy a chiller if I don't have to. I know they sell cooling fans but most clip on the side of the tank..any other options?

Jenyphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2017, 08:30 AM   #879
soulpatch
Registered Member

a fn blowing across the top of the tank will easily cool the tank a few degrees. Many have put fans on the rear hatch with great success.

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2017, 10:52 AM   #880
Oeste
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banthonyb71 View Post
Is a mp 10 too much for this tank?

Thanks -Brian.

I have 2 mp10 in my BC 29. I had one at 60-70% but the noise of the motor (can hear when the house is quiet) and the dead spot I had was solved with 2 mp10's @30% (not to mention the motor got pretty warm).

Now, the MP10's don't even get semi warm, the housing is cold thus making me feel like they will last forever!

With that said, I would get 2 wavemakers even in a BC14 and just adjust the flow as needed. MP10 or jebao as a 2nd option.

Oeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2017, 07:28 PM   #881
HaKs310
Forever Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenyphur View Post
Do any of you run some type of fan on your BioCube? I live in AZ and it's about to get hot...like REAL hot. I do try and keep my house around 78 but I'm a bit nervous for my tank. I really don't want to buy a chiller if I don't have to. I know they sell cooling fans but most clip on the side of the tank..any other options?
If you keep your house at 78 then you should be okay.
I ran a chiller on my BC14 when temps hit 85+ here in SoCal but that was also with three 24w CFs; hooray for LEDs.

Tags
29g biocube, biocube, biocube hqi