Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 01/29/2017, 11:01 PM   #1
jtgatorz
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
TBS to Wisconsin

Greetings,

This is my first post on RC... I received my part II shipment today in Madison and it was an amazing experience. It turned out to be the the talk of the neighborhood this morning. The rocks, sponge, shrimp, crab, snails and many other creatures are absolutely beautiful. For the last 7 days since the part I shipment, I kept checking my ammonia levels twice a day and it never was detectable with a brand new Red Sea Ammonia test kit.

This is a brand new Red Sea Reefer 250 and it literally went from empty to this in 7 days with not one water change thanks to the quality of the live rock and how it was packaged and shipped across the country. I would and will recommend Richard to anyone else looking to set up a new system. Now I only need to find out the names of all these critters so I can properly educate all of our family and friends.

Thank you, Richard!

Jason


Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tank 1.jpg (53.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg Tank 2.jpg (91.0 KB, 194 views)
jtgatorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2017, 06:28 AM   #2
liverock
RC Sponsor
 
liverock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,820
Nice tank! in seven days...

Very nice job Jason.

I makes we wonder why folks who are starting a reef tank go through all the trials and tribulations of using live rock that really isn't alive at all....and requires curing, water changes, months of waiting for the tank to cycle, when the alternative like your is available.

From an empty reef tank with salt water....to the way your tank looks in just seven days. Using real live rock and sand eliminates all the issues encountered when using imported rock.

Good job, and enjoy your little ocean!

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com


__________________
www.tbsaltwater.com
liverock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2017, 01:31 PM   #3
smatter
Registered Member
 
smatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgatorz View Post
Greetings,

This is my first post on RC... I received my part II shipment today in Madison and it was an amazing experience. It turned out to be the the talk of the neighborhood this morning. The rocks, sponge, shrimp, crab, snails and many other creatures are absolutely beautiful. For the last 7 days since the part I shipment, I kept checking my ammonia levels twice a day and it never was detectable with a brand new Red Sea Ammonia test kit.

This is a brand new Red Sea Reefer 250 and it literally went from empty to this in 7 days with not one water change thanks to the quality of the live rock and how it was packaged and shipped across the country. I would and will recommend Richard to anyone else looking to set up a new system. Now I only need to find out the names of all these critters so I can properly educate all of our family and fr

Thank you, Richard!

Jason
Welcome to Reef Central my fellow Madisonian!


smatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2017, 04:03 PM   #4
f3honda4me
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,218
Wisconsin TBS customers unite!


f3honda4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2017, 05:26 PM   #5
Blitzer
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 93
Looks great! How many pounds of live rock and sand is that?


Blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2017, 12:53 PM   #6
shred5
Registered Member
 
shred5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Waukesha , WI
Posts: 4,983
Yea How many did you order for a reefer 250?


__________________
David Polzin
shred5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2017, 12:58 PM   #7
liverock
RC Sponsor
 
liverock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by shred5 View Post
Yea How many did you order for a reefer 250?
It is a Package deal...goes by how many gallons your tank is...see here

http://tbsaltwater.com/thepackage/index.html


__________________
www.tbsaltwater.com
liverock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2020, 10:56 PM   #8
NatureHold
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3
Is this tank still going strong? Slightly suspicious that no follow up posts were made.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk


NatureHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2020, 06:11 AM   #9
sbeason
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,387
I am not sure what you are looking for here, because this is just the vendor forum for TBS. If the OP has a thread on his build, you can search for that to get an update. Solid first post though.


sbeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2020, 08:35 AM   #10
NatureHold
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeason View Post
I am not sure what you are looking for here, because this is just the vendor forum for TBS. If the OP has a thread on his build, you can search for that to get an update. Solid first post though.
Thanks mate! TBH, didnt even think to look at where this post was, as I just searched "Curing Dry Rock" on the home page. I'll try better to be a Forum Elitist/Nazi in the future lol.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk


NatureHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2020, 03:03 PM   #11
liverock
RC Sponsor
 
liverock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,820
[QUOTE=NatureHold;25694089]Thanks mate! TBH, didnt even think to look at where this post was, as I just searched "Curing Dry Rock" on the home page. I'll try better to be a Forum Elitist/Nazi in the future lol.

Somebody new...and trying to learn...little slack here folks.......do some reading here bud!

https://www.tbsaltwater.com/testimonials/index.html


__________________
www.tbsaltwater.com

Last edited by liverock; 08/28/2020 at 03:11 PM.
liverock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2020, 03:30 PM   #12
NatureHold
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3
Thank you Liverock!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk


NatureHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/2020, 04:17 PM   #13
liverock
RC Sponsor
 
liverock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureHold View Post
Thank you Liverock!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
My job..lol........never two many questions......is what we are here for!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com


__________________
www.tbsaltwater.com
liverock is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.