Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 10/11/2014, 01:06 PM   #76
caribfan
Registered Member

The puffer and trigger have been in the mix for a while now. My trigger has been with me for almost 4 years, it doens't seem to grow longer, just wider.

I think Tangs are actually some of the messiest poopers around. My PBT used to crap everywhere. It was like I would feed him some algae, he'd eat it, and then 5 minutes later it would be back in the water column.

Current Tank Info:
50 Breeder Quarantine Tank, 240 Miracles Finally up and running, 29 Biocube - AI Nano
caribfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2014, 01:09 PM   #77
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

Matt, you can reply all you like, but I'm telling you, your jaw will drop with the food intake of lots of butterflies.

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Current Tank Info: 150g reborn anemone reef. 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2014, 02:36 PM   #78
caribfan
Registered Member

I believe that. What do you feed right now ?

Current Tank Info:
50 Breeder Quarantine Tank, 240 Miracles Finally up and running, 29 Biocube - AI Nano
Old 10/11/2014, 03:13 PM   #79
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Has anyone ordered from Jehmco.com before? They have 5lbs of mysis for close to 50$ and 11lb packs of brine for less than 40$ I think it was. I was thinking about ordering from them next week but haven't heard anything about the place before

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2014, 04:11 PM   #80
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

I'm actually pretty PO'ed right now... the only LFS that sells Larry's stuff only has the reef blend

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Current Tank Info: 150g reborn anemone reef. 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
Old 10/11/2014, 04:30 PM   #81
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'm actually pretty PO'ed right now... the only LFS that sells Larry's stuff only has the reef blend
What do you usually feed?

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Old 10/11/2014, 04:34 PM   #82
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

Oh I'm just PO'ed that I went there expecting to buy it. I've never used it

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Old 10/11/2014, 04:48 PM   #83
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Oh I'm just PO'ed that I went there expecting to buy it. I've never used it
LMAO, Peter your hilarious. I want to try the food also but it's extremely difficult to source near me and I won't shop at the place I use to work at years ago. Everyone raves about it so it must be great... Right?

Old 10/11/2014, 04:52 PM   #84
caribfan
Registered Member

Nothing wrong with the reef blend, I actually like to alternate between reef and herb blend.

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/11/2014, 05:00 PM   #85
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribfan View Post
Nothing wrong with the reef blend, I actually like to alternate between reef and herb blend.
I really would prefer not to have particulates floating around, though.

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Old 10/11/2014, 05:14 PM   #86
humaguy
Premium Member

hey, btw, I feed all the blends he makes, including some not available at stores and they all break up incredibly well...I mince with a clam shucking knife when feeding baby fish but otherwise just break it up and let it meltdown before adding...

humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2014, 05:53 PM   #87
HPark
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
hey, btw, I feed all the blends he makes, including some not available at stores and they all break up incredibly well...I mince with a clam shucking knife when feeding baby fish but otherwise just break it up and let it meltdown before adding...
Lol - I've actually been meaning to ask how you feed LRF as I think it's a little too chunky for my little fish. I generally just thaw and then tear it into small pieces with my fingers.

SDguy - imo, there's negligible particulates from LRF, the exact opposite..

Old 10/11/2014, 05:59 PM   #88
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPark View Post
SDguy - imo, there's negligible particulates from LRF, the exact opposite..
I'd still prefer none

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Old 10/12/2014, 03:37 PM   #89
caribfan
Registered Member

Got some pics this afternoon, I'll get them up tonight after the kiddos are down, before walking dead comes on.

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/12/2014, 08:36 PM   #90
caribfan
Registered Member

Sorry, decided to watch Walking Dead first. Just a quick word of excitement...MORGAN!!

Ok, on to the fish. It was a busy weekend. As I alluded earlier, I decided to move the rest of my fish out of my holding system so that I can seperate my new multifasciatus from the regal, who is being a jerk.

Had to do water changes on both my quarantine and holding systems, specifically the holding system because I still had trace amounts of cupramine in there from past treatment and I didn't want to introduce the multi's directly into that. Everyone is successfully moved now and appears to be happy, though i've had to seperate the multifasciatus because they aren't exactly tolerating eachother.

Quick word on the new guys, one of the Multifasciatus is nibbling mysis, I'm not positive if the other is or not, will work with them more this week. The Regal is a bit skiddish, but eats clams pretty well.

Now for the pictures...

Group Shot.

Another.

Mr. Puff

Talbots, not looking near as good as they do in person. There's one more I couldn't get in my sump.

This guy.

That guy.

Those guys.

That guy again.

One last group shot.

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/12/2014, 08:40 PM   #91
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

Everyone looks great!

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Old 10/12/2014, 08:44 PM   #92
caribfan
Registered Member

Here are just a few shots of the regal. Hard to get an idea of how big he is, but he's probably 6" from tip to tail. Assuming he makes it through quarantine well, I'm pretty apprehensive about how he'll get along with the little one in my display tank. It's a beautiful fish, but I'm not positive I would have ordered it, had I known how bit it was.

As you can see from the pictures, I'm struggling with some cloudy water. I think it's a bacterial bloom and for some reason I can't get it to clear in my holding system or quarantine system. None of the fish seem to mind, it just doesn't look good.

I'll be sure to keep the thread updated as things progress with the regal and multifasciatus.

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/12/2014, 09:29 PM   #93
Nina51
biggliest cofveve champ

amazing!! all of your fish are simply beautiful!!

Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Current Tank Info: i gave my reef away and i feel like a bird out of a cage!!
Nina51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2014, 06:49 AM   #94
caribfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina51 View Post
amazing!! all of your fish are simply beautiful!!
Thanks so much, I'm thrilled to have them all in my DT finally.

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/13/2014, 07:34 AM   #95
caribfan
Registered Member

The big regal is eating LRS food this morning,

One of the multifasciatus is definitely nibbling PE mysis. I'm going to get some spirulina brine and try that.

I'm also going to hook up my ETSS 1000 to the holding system to see about clearing that water up. It's a bit oversized, so i'm hopeful that will take care of things.

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/13/2014, 08:07 AM   #96
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

Quote:
The big regal is eating LRS food this morning,
That's fantastic news!

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Old 10/14/2014, 08:01 AM   #97
caribfan
Registered Member

The regal continues to eat pretty well, tried NLS pellets, although that won't be part of his diet long term. At this point, I'm pretty confident he will make it through quarantine without issue.

The multibars are another story. One of them continues to nibble food, brine , mysis, and clam. I'm holding out some hope for this one, but he's not eating anywhere close to how I'd like him too.

The other one has yet to eat anything. Additionally, I noticed a red streak, just below his dorsal fin this morning. He swims like there is nothing wrong, but obviously something's not right.

I think these fish are both males, which will make things difficult long term were they both to make it.

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/14/2014, 08:44 AM   #98
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Sorry, decided to watch Walking Dead first. Just a quick word of excitement...MORGAN!!

Ok, on to the fish. It was a busy weekend. As I alluded earlier, I decided to move the rest of my fish out of my holding system so that I can seperate my new multifasciatus from the regal, who is being a jerk.

Had to do water changes on both my quarantine and holding systems, specifically the holding system because I still had trace amounts of cupramine in there from past treatment and I didn't want to introduce the multi's directly into that. Everyone is successfully moved now and appears to be happy, though i've had to seperate the multifasciatus because they aren't exactly tolerating eachother.

Quick word on the new guys, one of the Multifasciatus is nibbling mysis, I'm not positive if the other is or not, will work with them more this week. The Regal is a bit skiddish, but eats clams pretty well.

Now for the pictures...

Group Shot.

Another.

Mr. Puff

Talbots, not looking near as good as they do in person. There's one more I couldn't get in my sump.

This guy.

That guy.

Those guys.

That guy again.

One last group shot.

Love "that guy" where did you get him from? Good luck with the multibars, they are delicate at best until they are eating well. They seem to go on hunger strikes for seemingly no reason too. My buddy who had the pair is down to one now, the female never really ate much if anything

Old 10/14/2014, 08:51 AM   #99
caribfan
Registered Member

C. Flavirostris, got him from DD last winter I believe.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...t=flavirostris

Current Tank Info:
Old 10/14/2014, 01:49 PM   #100
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Thanks for the link Matt, you don't see them for sale very often is why i was asking