Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 12/12/2011, 09:02 PM   #51
SaintMark
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romsoccer12 View Post
yea the rock is awesome! are you thinking of getting any corals? and the anemone looks a lot better. sorry about your fish but adding so much at once you were bound to have some die. those clowns will own the tank sooner or later IMO i would not add any more fish. and is the rock glued? and excuse my ignorance if any of this was answered earlier i do no t read every post
Thank You and Welcome to the Thread !
The rock is not glued and my big snail bull dozes the rocks all over.
Once I get them glued, the anemone stops moving, and I recover from holiday spending I plan on upgrading my lights, powerhead, and a controller. After all of that I would add coral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyzaper View Post
you can glue rock with marine epoxy underwater, but if oyu dont have a skimmer i wouldnt do it because it adds a lot of bad stuff to the water.
I was thinking of taking all the rocks out and gluing them together and then placing it back into the tank. The rocks would be wet and have to remain wet during the glue curing process. My hope is to find something that would bond to wet objects and have a very fast curing time.

Visit and let me know what you think of my Setup
SaintMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2011, 09:41 PM   #52
TprMoore
Moved On

I used JB waterweld, sets in 15min and fully cures in 60, awesome stuff easy to use...

TprMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2011, 12:36 PM   #53
pompeyjohn
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMark View Post
The rock is not glued and my big snail bull dozes the rocks all over. Once I get them glued, the anemone stops moving, and I recover from holiday spending I plan on upgrading my lights, powerhead, and a controller. After all of that I would add coral.
I have heard of Snails pushing over frags, but never one moving around rocks that sort of size. My suspicion is that the nem keeps moving because it is unhappy with the water, not the placement of the rocks in it.

I notice you don't have a skimmer listed in your future shopping plans. Was that an oversight or conscious decision? How is the current stocking list looking?

pompeyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2011, 06:59 PM   #54
SaintMark
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore1811 View Post
I used JB waterweld, sets in 15min and fully cures in 60, awesome stuff easy to use...
Thanks for the tip. I will buy some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyjohn View Post
I have heard of Snails pushing over frags, but never one moving around rocks that sort of size. My suspicion is that the nem keeps moving because it is unhappy with the water, not the placement of the rocks in it.

I notice you don't have a skimmer listed in your future shopping plans. Was that an oversight or conscious decision? How is the current stocking list looking?

Look at the size of that guy. My rocks are more or less balanced on each other. He is about the size of the bottom of a coke can.

I am waiting for a collection cup for my skimmer. It is a Sapphire Aquatics nano skimmer. The company has gone out of business so I have had to get a custom one made. They are amazing skimmers and I cant wait to use it.

Current stock:
2-Skunk Clowns
1-Pygmy Angel
1-Cleaner Shrimp
1-Fire Shrimp

The anemone keeps moving toward the powerhead. I move the powerhead because I dont want a anemone soup in the tank and he keeps following it

Old 01/28/2012, 07:32 PM   #55
pompeyjohn
Registered Member.

How is the tank doing?

pompeyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2012, 12:29 AM   #56
trigs
Registered Member

cool looking tank

trigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 07:08 PM   #57
SaintMark
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyjohn View Post
How is the tank doing?
Tank has been running great. All of the livestock is fat and happy! I have not posted anything in some time now and thought I would give an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigs View Post
cool looking tank
Thanks!

Well this tank will be moving into my home office/Mancave soon. I bought a Custom Neo 90 tank and all the equipment, but never got around to making the stand and transferring everything over.

That leads me to this last weekend; I went to MACNA 2012 and bought a new tank!!!!! After I get the new tank in and cycled; I will move this tank to my office. I want to hook up a webcam and have a live feed broadcasting.

Current stock: (Named by Wife)
2-Skunk Clowns (Wall-E & Eva)
1-Pygmy Angel (Twitchy)
1-Cleaner Shrimp (Cocktail)
1-Fire Shrimp (Brochette)
1-Chevron Tang (Petrol)

New Pics:
From MACNA 2012 New Light Trying it out
And Yes we did repaint the Living room

Old 03/04/2013, 03:23 PM   #58