Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 07/01/2021, 08:08 AM   #1151
Scotch_c
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 195
Have you considered using copper power or coppersafe instead of cupramine? I made that switch after nearly a decade of using cupramine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Scotch_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2021, 08:52 AM   #1152
SDguy
Fish heads unite!
 
SDguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch_c View Post
Have you considered using copper power or coppersafe instead of cupramine? I made that switch after nearly a decade of using cupramine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I response to what? The mysterious fish death? I'd be hard pressed to correlate it with Cupramine use, at least in my hands, especially since I treat at a lower than full dose. Is there something recent suggesting Cupramine can cause such issues?


__________________
Peter

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Current Tank Info: 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2021, 09:57 AM   #1153
Scotch_c
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I response to what? The mysterious fish death? I'd be hard pressed to correlate it with Cupramine use, at least in my hands, especially since I treat at a lower than full dose. Is there something recent suggesting Cupramine can cause such issues?

I learned the following from humblefish

“I am rapidly losing faith in Cupramine, which is ionic copper. It appears "old school" chelated copper (exs. Coppersafe, Copper Power) is actually safer, more effective and has a wider therapeutic range (1.5 - 2.0 ppm) to work with”

Coppersafe is also safe to be mixed with Fritz Paracleanse which is essentially just General Cure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Scotch_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2021, 11:40 AM   #1154
Scotch_c
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Here's an updated video from the other day. Really happy with the collection at this point.

https://youtu.be/wq4hwMux69s

Great looking Lamarck male btw. Don’t see that often at all. The female also looks good and fat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Scotch_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2021, 05:50 AM   #1155
SDguy
Fish heads unite!
 
SDguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch_c View Post
I learned the following from humblefish

“I am rapidly losing faith in Cupramine, which is ionic copper. It appears "old school" chelated copper (exs. Coppersafe, Copper Power) is actually safer, more effective and has a wider therapeutic range (1.5 - 2.0 ppm) to work with”

Coppersafe is also safe to be mixed with Fritz Paracleanse which is essentially just General Cure.
Ah, ok, thanks for the context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch_c View Post
Great looking Lamarck male btw. Don’t see that often at all. The female also looks good and fat.
Thanks, yeah they are both FATTIES!


__________________
Peter

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Current Tank Info: 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2021, 06:00 PM   #1156
caribfan
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,922
I always attributed losses like that to something that happened during collection. Could be copper though I suppose.

I always liked cupramine, but never liked the test.


__________________
Matt

Current Tank Info:
50 Breeder Quarantine Tank, 240 Miracles Finally up and running, 29 Biocube - AI Nano
caribfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2021, 09:15 PM   #1157
SDguy
Fish heads unite!
 
SDguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 23,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribfan View Post
I always attributed losses like that to something that happened during collection. Could be copper though I suppose.

I always liked cupramine, but never liked the test.
It's so infrequent and inconsistent, I doubt I'll ever figure out the problem. Just cupramine? Unlikely, or I'd experience it all the time. Cupramine (or other med) + internal issues? Could be. I'm thinking supply chain issues, though, with the current state of affairs with shipping/flights, maybe causing internal damage, and not really collection (for example, I'd be hard pressed to cite examples of poor collection of Red Sea fish, like the semilarvatus).


__________________
Peter

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Current Tank Info: 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2021, 08:09 AM   #1158
Fiish
Registered Member
 
Fiish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mexico
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribfan View Post
That’s a shame, I’m not sure anyone really understood what his collection really meant to RC or to the hobby. So much rarity in one tank.
That is correct, Ted did not have livestock as such, Ted had a magnificent collection of fish, by the way, do you know what happened to his beautiful Personatus?


__________________
Lalo J.
Fiish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.