Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 01/22/2020, 03:45 AM   #751
aikenreefkeeper
Registered Member

Daniel,

Tank looks good.

Regards

aikenreefkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2020, 11:45 AM   #752
nemodan
Registered Member

The process of having an Atolon or Coral island has started in my tank. I just need the sand deposited over the corals.... LOL

Zoom the pictures. Corals are out of the water.

nemodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2020, 05:55 PM   #753
reefmutt
Registered Member

Hey Dan! Nice to see your tank looking so grown in. It’s really flourishing these days. It’s really looking like a jungle in there- a nice jungle! Are you still using your ‘hands off’ approach?

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2020, 07:08 PM   #754
ZOAKEEPER
Zoa Trainer

Love sps, and it seems you've mastered it. congratulations

Current Tank Info: 4-40's -2/2-55's -2/2-110/2-29 -2/6-10's -3/3-20's -3 and (emptying)counting.
ZOAKEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2020, 05:49 AM   #755
nemodan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Hey Dan! Nice to see your tank looking so grown in. It’s really flourishing these days. It’s really looking like a jungle in there- a nice jungle! Are you still using your ‘hands off’ approach?
Hi Matt, nice to hear from you !!

Yes, I do not put my hands in unless it is really necessary. Like this weekend. I did some coral pruning after, probably 2 months.

The tank is far,away of being nice. I have Majano anemone growing almost every where. But corals still growing. Well, is the fight for life. Corals growing over others and each one fighting to find their piece of space and light. This weekend I helped a little pruning just a bit.

I have not added any coral in years now. The fitness of the best have worked. These are my disasters survival corals.

I do NOT do anything to the tank beside adding 2 parts B-ionic to keep alk between 6.5 -7.5 dkh.

I do NOT measure anything beside Alk, Salinity and Temp.

I do my water changes 25% every week. I have started now (last month) every 2 weeks.

I have the fuge that is full of macro algae, and I do NOT feed corals. Just the fish always in the same way.

Very easy maintenance. From time to time I clean some pumps here and there, but nothing crazy.

In other words, the tank drives by itself. I just check that ATO, Alk doser and some basic pumps are doing fine every day.

Any update from your tank ?

Cheers
Daniel

Old 01/23/2020, 08:53 AM   #756
nemodan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOAKEEPER View Post
Love sps, and it seems you've mastered it. congratulations
Thank you !!!

Old 01/23/2020, 08:55 AM   #757
nemodan
Registered Member

Here is a YouTube link to a video I did today AM when tank was awaking. Lights were only 10% but the phone camera did a nice job. Fish are still hiding :-) .

https://youtu.be/R-F5KGoKXpc

Best
Daniel